Saturday, June 21, 2008

My mission moment

This morning I delivered the mission moment for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training's (TNT) Saturday morning team run. My friend Carlo is a trainer and introduced me to the team last Saturday. I have wanted to get involved with TNT for a while, but I just never did. There are 25-30 people that get together to train for various races and raise money for the society. Each week they have an honored hero come and share their story with the team as inspiration. I was honored to be asked to do this. I am not much of a public speaker, but I felt it was important for me to share my story with people that are dedicated to raising money for the Leukemia Society since I have benefited so much from their financial assistance. I practiced what I wanted to say because I know when I get nervous I draw a blank and forget everything. As soon as I started talking I started to tear up. I get emotional when I talk about what I have been thru, but it is important for me to share my experience with others. I am very fortunate that I am doing as well as I am only 5 months after my transplant. Since I started working at the YMCA I have been working out and I feel that my strength and energy level is back to where it was before the transplant. Things are finally starting to look up for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG (((HUGS))) Sam!!

Christy

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Praise God... you are a so strong and admired by so many... keep the blogs coming... I know you have more to write about then just once a month. I am glad that you feel so well and were able to tell your story... you could help so many with your testimony... so keep sharing.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Ok... it has been over a month and no new news... I have been thinking about you and hope that you are doing well... please blog and I know something has happened in a month that you can blog about...RIGHT?

Anonymous said...

Samantha,
I ran into Pam Hall today at Target and she updated me on your situation. I am so sorry to hear about all you have been through and will pray daily for you. I would love to hear from you. My email address is newburns@mac.com.

Love,
Sarah Newburn