Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day-1

Today is the day that my donor will donate her cells. From what I was told they were able to get all the stem cells I need at one time. I am so thankful that there are people willing to sacrifice so much for someone they have never met. I am suppose to get the transplant tomorrow, but it is now looking like Saturday morning. I guess the stem cells are coming from far away because they are flying into DFW and are not suppose to be here until late tomorrow night. Once they get here there is another process they have to go thru before they are given to me. My white cells are not at zero, but that won't stop anything. It is a blessing that it is taking longer because that means the shorter time that my white cells are at zero the better chance I have of not getting an infection. I guess all that chemo I have had has made my white cells very hard to kill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts & prayers today Sam!!

BIG (((HUGS)))!!

Christy