Saturday, February 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I can't believe I'm at home! It was 2 weeks ago today that I was recieving my donors cells and look at me now. I am sleeping in my own bed, able to make my own food and sit comfortably in my recliner. By looking at me a week ago you wouldn't think this was possible. I was at my lowest and not sure when I would get to feeling better, but Neupogen is a miracle drug. Since I have been home I feel so much better. I get to see the sun shining in the windows and I know I am more active because I have to move around to get what I need. Being home is the best thing for me. I go back tomorrow for a clinic visit to check my blood counts and make sure everything looks fine. Then I will probably be back in Dallas at least 3 times a week for check-ups. They want to keep a close eye on me so if I develop more GVHD they can treat it quickly. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! and welcome back home!

Anonymous said...

YAY SAM!!! Love you bunches!! Glad that you are at home!!!

Anonymous said...

Sam;

Praise God! I am so happy that you are home now and feeling better!!

Much love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

YAY Sam!!! Alicia sent me the link to your blog. So glad to hear that you are home.

Stefanie