Thursday, October 4, 2007

1 week in, 3 more to go

Well I have been here for a week now. I can't believe it's been 7 days. I can't even remember what life was like on the outside. To go outside would be fantastic. When I leave my little room I have to put my mask on and put my IV pole. I take my walk down the hall, sit by the window to watch the cars drive into the parking garage and then walk back to my room. One my way back to my room I peek in the other rooms. I am by far the youngest in here and by the looks of it doing the best. I can't help but not feel for these other people that are here in worse shape than I am. It makes me feel so lucky and helps my spirits to know that I am going to be fine. Once the chemo is over, I fell that things will start looking up for me. I will be off a lot of the medicines and they will just be checking me to make sure I am not running a fever. So far I have been able to hold on to my white cells and platelets. Dr. Crim says on day 10 (Sunday) should be where I am at my lowest count wise.

Lindsay went to Dallas today to get her blood tested. I think she is worried because they took 5 vials from me. She doesn't want to be drained like I was. I am very proud of her to be doing this for me. I know she is my sister and I would do the same for her, but I appreciate her going along with this. I will owe her my like if she is able to give me this gift. Just pray that her time in the Peace Corp does nothing to harm her bone marrow in any way. I need it to be healthy. Love you sis! I hope you will be my life saver.

No comments: