Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day 6

So today is day 6 in the hospital. Tomorrow it will be a week. I am surprised it has been that long, but the days sure are going by slowly. My last chemo is hung Thursday night and then I can finally get off these damn steroids. This is my first experience with them and I really don't like what they do to me. I heard they can cause worse things like depression, and mood swings. I sure don't need to be depressed! I have the body movements. I can't sit still. I am constantly moving side to side when I am sitting in bed. If you get motion sick then don't look at me. One nurse told me that there was a preacher in here and while he was on the steroids he was cussing and mean. His wife was beside herself because that was not the man he was. Steroids can mess you up. I am just lucky it hasn't done that with me.

Today was the first day I actually got to take a nap. I feel so much better. I have to take Ativan to counteract the effects of the steroid. I guess I asked for it early enough that it finally kicked and I laid down. In between the tech coming to take my vitals and by IV pole beeping I got a 2 hour nap. Praise Jesus! I am so happy. Anything to make the day go by faster.

I am so glad to see Charles and his mama today at lunch time. It is hard when everyone else is working and I am here. I gets lonely! Juanita brought me some pound cake and some other dessert that is divine. I was so glad to see Charles before he takes his trip to Vegas for his birthday. He spent the last few free minutes with me before he had to go home and pack and leave for the airport. Have a great time honey and win lots of money for me! This hospital stay is going to be expensive. LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you're going through what you're going through. At the same time I'm glad to hear that you are still in good spirits. I was only in the hospital for a short time but I think I was one grumpy person when I was in there. There were some times when there were so many people in my room that I would get a little frustrated and I just wanted everyone to leave. I don't know what made me feel that way but when no one was there I was lonely but when people were there I guess I was envious that they got to go home. You are a great person and I know you are getting through this.