Monday, October 8, 2007

Freedom from Oscar

Today was the first day that I have not had to be hooked to an IV pole (Oscar) for 24 hours a day. It is so great. I finally feel like I have some of my freedom back. I am able to walk wherever I want. I took a nice long walk outside today. The weather is beautiful. A nice breeze and not too warm. It was nice to hear the cars pass by and the birds chirping. There are lots of people walking around the hospital. I felt weird since I had to wear a mask the whole time. Lots of stares, but I really don't care. I look hot in a mask. They are just jealous they don't look as good as me. LOL! Just wait until I walk around bald and wearing a mask. Can't wait to see all the stares I will be getting from that. I should make up a t-shirt that says "I have cancer, what's you excuse?"

A few weeks ago my Memaw found out she has Lymphoma. She went thru all the testing, even having a bone marrow biopsy the same day as me. Well yesterday she got the results and she still has stage 1 Lymphoma, but they can't find it. I was so happy to hear that. She will be followed every 3 months with more testing. When I talked with her last night she said something that made me cry (not very hard to do these days). She was not happy that she was fine and I was the one that was sick. It broke my heart when she said she wanted to be the one in the hospital because she is old. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I believe God only gives you what you can handle and He chose me to have cancer because I can handle this. God have been very good to me and I continue to believe He will heal me for good this time so I will never have to deal with this again.

Thanks to everyone that is leaving me comments about my blog. Since I can't respond to your e-mail I will start trying to remember to respond in the blog.

Doug and Dara- Come visit me anytime. I would love to see you.
Tia- Thanks for the e-mail. I'm glad David is doing so well.
Robbie- I am still here. Will be here for another 3 weeks.
Kara and Jeffers- Thanks for coming to see me. Kinley is so cute!

No comments: