Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Blood

Well my fedex package arrived today and my nurse drew 5 vials of blood for my HLA typing. I was a little light headed after filling so many vials. Dad is fedexing the package back to Dallas. I hope it arrives in time, because I don't want to do that again. So far my counts are still good. White cells are the same as yesterday (.6) and my platelets and hemoglobin are on their way down, but not low enough for a transfusion.

As far as blood donations. If you are in Ft. Worth you can donate at any Carter Blood Center. When you make an appointment you need to fill out a planned designation form so I can recieve the blood credit. All you should have to give them is my name (Samantha Galpin) and what hospital I am at (Harris Methodist Hospital, Ft. Worth). If they need any more information tell them that Beverly Johnson had all my information or you can call me and I can give it to you. My room number is 817-250-2738.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

Want you to know that the whole Bennett family is pulling for you and knows a little about the road you're traveling. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this again, but know that we are all praying for you and know you can beat this. July marked 5 cancer free years for David after his stem cell transplant!! Elena and I are both in the Natl. Registry and would jump at the chance to help you if we could. Cheryl and Melissa are keeping us posted, but now I can look at your blog to keep updated too! Hang in there and feel the love coming your way girl!
Tia
tia.bennett@yahoo.com

Kara Jeffers said...

I hate that you are having to go through all of this again. I just want you to know that we are thinking about you and I have asked people that prayed for you last time to please pray for you again. I know you are going to ultimently win this battle. We will be in Dallas this weekend and if you are feeling well enough for us to see you we may come by there if possible...Just let me know. We would love to see you!!!

Kara Jeffers said...

What blood type are you??