Friday, October 19, 2007

I see the light

I was sure that the fever that I had yesterday was the result of my counts coming back and not the strep infection that I have. My prayers were answered. My nurses this morning told me my counts looked good today. I couldn't wait to hear them. Well they were good.

HGB (red blood cells) 8.1- down from yesterday. I may need a transfusion tomorrow
Platelets- 55,000!!- They were 25,000 yesterday
White Count-1.6- It was 0.7 yesterday. The highest it's ever been.
ANC (fighter cells)- 0.2- This is the first time I have produced these. This is the number that needs to go up so I can get out of here.

I finally see the light. Who knows how much longer I will be here, but I finally see the end of this hospital stay. As long as I am feeling good I don't mind being here until it is safe for me to go home. The last thing I want to do is go home and catch something and come right back. It has been a rough 3 days, but it is part of the healing process. I tried to be strong and I think I was. I made it thru the roughest part and now I am happy that I have made it thru this first round of chemo. Just one more to go. I know if I can do this, then I can go to Dallas and kick butt.


My dad wanted me to add a picture of my sister. So here is a picture of her and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

I am happy to hear that your numbers are coming up? What do they all need to come up to for you to come home?

Christy